Four Points by Sheraton invited me to the relaunch of their Asian restaurant, Panash. Panash has completely revamped their menu and added flavours from the streets of southeast Asia to their menu.
– Beverages –
We were served beverages from my all time favourite ‘Best Brew’
– FOOD –
Sushi Signature Course –
(from left to right)
- Haru Maki – Tuna and Salmon roll filled with mayo and deep fried. It was crisp on the outside and tender, because of the fish, on the inside. Two contrasting textures with the flavours of the fish and dark soy dipping sauce was amazing.
- Tempura Asparagus Maki – Crispy fried asparagus tempura, mayo and rolled with tenkastu. Loved the asparagus tempura, it was perfect.
- Panash Fusion Maki – It is a fusion maki for people who want to try sushi for the first time or for people who cannot stand the idea of raw fish. It is filled with well-marinated tandoor cottage cheese, like a makhani flavoured tikka, tomatoes and scallions. The tomato flavour was very dominant but it is a good attempt.
- California Maki – Maki with prawns, cucumber and crab stick rolled with mayo
Dimsum Course –
- Green Dumpling – Green Dumpling had a thick skin with spinach, pakchoi, mushroom and celery stuffed in it.
- Jiaozi – White regular steamed dumpling stuffed with minced chicken and mushroom.
This pre-plated appetizer had two interesting elements, Lajiao Lian Ou (left) and Phuket style Barbeque Chicken (right).
Phuket style Barbeque Chicken – This dish had smoky and spicy flavours. The chicken was tender. You could literally taste the marination of garlic, fresh basil and chilli in the chicken.
Lajiao Lian Ou – Crisp lotus stem tossed with chilli, honey and scallion. This sticky, sweet and spicy lotus stem was served with fresh peas.
(clockwise from left)
- Stir fry green choy
- Phad Thai noodles
- Prawns in Xo Sauce
- Stir-fried broccoli & silken tofu with spicy almond
- Jasmine Rice
- Lotus Leaf Chicken
Lemon Grass Panna Cotta and Coconut Pancake – another interesting selection of desserts with a beautiful plating. With flavours like lemongrass and coconut, it is like a burst of south-east Asian flavours in your mouth. Talking about the texture the pannacotta was a little too dense and the pancake was dry.